Did you know that Cigna is the major sponsor of both the runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekends? They are more than just a name and logo on the back our race shirts…
Why does Cigna sponsor runDisney events?
The Walt Disney World Marathon and Disneyland Half Marathon Weekends are both blue ribbon events that combine fun, family and physical activity in a magical way. Cigna is intently focused on helping people improve their health and well-being. Presenting this event with Disney enables us to reach thousands of people and celebrate their efforts to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
We live our mission. Cigna runners participate in all the races. And we invite all runners and guests to visit the Cigna booth at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo and Family Reunion Area tent for healthy lifestyle information, giveaways and activities.
Cigna understands that meeting a fitness milestone — whether it’s running a race for the first time or meeting personal race goals at any length — is cause for celebration. And Cigna is proud to help runners of all ages celebrate the magic of health at the Walt Disney World Marathon andDisneyland Half Marathon Weekends.
Rooted in the strong tradition of insurance, Cigna defines health as more than the absence of sickness. To us, health is intertwined with a sense of well-being and security. Our relationship with the people we serve goes deeper than coverage and claims.
It’s about understanding the obstacles people face in trying to lead a healthier life, then helping them overcome those barriers and change their habits.
It’s about understanding that healthier people are more productive, enjoy a better quality of life and lower costs for everyone within the health care system.
And it’s about understanding how health, life, accident and disability coverage work together to meet people’s emotional, physical and financial needs – for a lifetime.
Whether people are having babies… getting in shape… running a marathon… managing a chronic disease… overcoming illness or injury… or just coping with life… we are at their side, around the world, helping them improve their health and well-being.
Preparing to Race with runDisney and Cigna:
- Ready, set, run. At Cigna, we’re always looking for ways to help you achieve healthy goals that matter most to you. That’s why we applaud your commitment to run in your first race or train to meet a running goal. We understand that each of you will prepare for these races in your own way, but also want to offer some general tips so you can finish strong!
- Check in with your doctor. Whether you’re an experienced runner or this is your first time trying a long distance run, it’s a good idea to get a health assessment before you begin a training program. If you have any issues, like arthritis or an old sports injury, talking with your doctor about your plans is a safe and practical approach.
- Make a plan. Before you hit the pavement or purchase equipment, you should educate yourself on all aspects of half marathon and full marathon training and find a training plan that fits into your schedule.
- Invest in the proper running equipment. Two long distance running essentials are clothes and running shoes. Before you buy, have an idea about the best shoe for your foot and running style. Comfort is key to any running program.
- Make eating right a priority. Fuel your body with a healthy diet. The foods you ingest play a vital role in your body’s performance. The better you eat, the better your body will perform.
- Have fun. Enjoyment is a great motivator. If you’re not having fun, you’re less likely to follow through with your training program. Recruit your friends and family to support you and help you train. And congratulate yourself on every victory, no matter how small.
Check out additional articles from Cigna’s experts here.
And here are some of our RunAllTheRaces Cigna Greatest Hits posts:
- Podcast Episode 25: A Conversation with Telemundo Star Laura Flores about her Partnership with Cigna en Espanol
- Spoiler Alert: Listen to the end of the episode where Perfectly Goofy Gail cannot resist asking the former telenovela star which runDisney team member she’d throw down the stairs (in true telenovela diva style), given the chance…admit it – that’s your favorite part of telenovelas too 😉
- Countdown to runDisney Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2016: 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Cigna Blogger Meet-Up
- Make sure you know your numbers [#GoKnowTakeControl]:
- Body Mass Index: Less than 30
- Cholesterol: Less than 240
- Blood Pressure: Less than 140/90
- Fasting Blood Sugar: Less than 100
- Make sure you know your numbers [#GoKnowTakeControl]:
- Countdown to runDisney Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2016: 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Cigna Blogger
- Pro Tip: When it is FREEZING COLD outside, ALWAYS volunteer to work the BBQ grill – trust me on this one…
- Countdown to runDisney Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2016: 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Cigna Blogger Meet-Up
- Check out the post for some great recipes from Napa Rose at the Disneyland Hotel – YUM!
Stay tuned – we’re headed to the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Cigna Blogger and Social Media Meet-Up in a few weeks. We can’t wait to share all this year’s fun with you!
Thanks for following along –
Perfectly Goofy Gail
Will we see you at the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend races? Have you started working on your race costumes?..
Any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!
Have you checked out our Podcast? Give us a listen and let us know what you think: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/run-all-the-races/id1078046216?mt=2
Perfectly Goofy Gail, Delightful Dopey Kimberly, PhotoBomb Becca & California Kiley
COUNTDOWN TO NEXT runDisney RACE WEEKEND: Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
Meet Perfectly Goofy Gail
Perfectly Goofy Gail began getting active in 2005 with the goal of getting out of the house and loosing some weight... more
Meet Delightfully Dopey Kimberly
Delightfully Dopey Kimberly began running in 2008 with the single goal of crossing “running a marathon” off her bucket list... more
Meet PhotoBomb Becca
Meet California Kiley
California Kiley as you can probably guess hails from sunny Southern California... more